|Coordinator (m/f/d) for the Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA), Addis Abeba/Ethiopia|
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
For our operations in Addis Abeba/Ethiopia, we are looking for a
Coordinator (m/f/d) for the Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA)
Field of activity:
Only 38% of the African population has access to electricity, less than 10% is connected to the internet and only 25% of Africa’s road network is paved. To address these deficits, the African Heads of State and Government adopted the Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA) in January 2012 as the strategic infrastructure framework on the continent. PIDA covers four (4) sectors namely: transport, energy, information and communication technologies (ICT) and transboundary water.
The GIZ “Support-to-PIDA”Program supports the AUC and the AUDA-NEPAD with the promotion of regional infrastructure development by designing an integrated, employment-oriented and gender-sensitive corridor approach as the conceptual basis for future infrastructure development; by supporting a consultative and systematic process to define African infrastructure priorities in the PIDA-PAP 2; by attracting private sector resources for African infrastructure development; and by improving the quality of (early-stage) project preparation.
- Act as central PIDA focal person to coordinate on PIDA/multi-sectoral infrastructure matters with key stakeholders
- Facilitate the highlevel political process of the development of the PIDAPAP 2 to agree upon Africa`s infrastructure priorities of the next decade
- Advise AUC on improved development of regional infrastructure on the continent and conduct respective actions to implement recommendations
- Coordinate PIDA communication activities to increase visibility and awareness on infrastructure/ PIDA matters and projects
- Facilitate AU Member States and partner coordination around PIDA and regional infrastructure matters
- Provide policy and regulatory recommendations that will facilitate the implementation of PIDA projects
- Prepare and manage related PIDA consultancies
- Support AUC with PIDA Project Management-related activities
- Follow-up and report on implementation of joint AUCAUDA-NEPAD-GIZ objectives with respect to PIDA
- At least a Masters’ Degree in infrastructure economics, engineering in one of the four PIDA sectors or another relevant academic field
- Many Years of work experience in infrastructure development in Africa and stakeholders engagement, work experience in financing infrastructure projects as an advantage; Several years of managerial or supervisorial levels
- Proven track record of the coordination/facilitation of high-level political processes on the African continent
- Several years of work experience in international organizations; work experience within AU institutions is a clear advantage
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, internet research, social media, other digital tools)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Fluent in English and French
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 09/15/2019.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=45182
You can find this job under the Job-ID P1533V1941
PDF-Download der Stellenanzeige:
GIZ-Stellenanzeige: Coordinator (m/f/d) for the Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA)
|Anforderungen / Qualifikationen|
Fluent in English and French
|Unternehmenssitz Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH|
Alle Stellenangebote von Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH | RSS-Feed abonnieren